Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thank You

Thank you.  These are two words that I believe are extremely important, yet aren't heard enough these days it seems like.  I grew up being taught that "thank you" is something that needs to be said or written.  I strongly believe that if someone takes the time to do something for you, then you need to take the time to acknowledge it.  Wether it be the person checking you out at the supermarket, or a person giving you a gift.  I love notecards and think that writing thank yous are just as important.   (For birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, a nice gesture, etc.)

Lately I have had some proud "mommy moments" on this subject.  =)  The girls are always good about saying thank you when someone does something for them.  They thank a person for holding a door open for them, they thank friends for being nice to them, they thank each other for giving toys to each other to play with, they thank their dance teachers after class, etc.  But yesterday I just beamed inside.  We were at a birthday party of some friends.  When it was time to go I had the girls go find the birthday kids to say good bye.  They did and thanked them as well.  Then, without being prompted, both girls went to go find the mom of the kids.  I watched as they walked right up to her and said, "Goodbye.  Thank you for inviting us to the party! We had fun!".  I was SO proud!!!  I am so pleased to see that they know how important "thank you" is.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment