Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend



I always look forward to three day weekends like this.  I love the time that we get to spend as a family together.  Whether it be running errands to the market, playing outside in the backyard, or just making each other giggle.  This three day weekend turned out to be a little different than we had planned....

Yesterday we spend the day running errands and cleaning house, because we were to have all of Eric's family over for dinner on Monday.  Then this morning we had planned to do a family bowling morning.  We have never been, and the girls were REALLY excited!  Especially Ella!  She was up BEFORE 6 am this morning, all excited about the event!   Then Abby woke up much later and just wasn't herself.  Very sleepy and not real hungry.  She did manage to eat two strawberries, but then went back on the couch and fell asleep.  So I sent Eric and Ella off for a "daddy daughter date".   It was a little more crowded than they had expected, but I think in the end they had fun.





While they were gone though, Abby got sick.  And not just the "fever/cold" kind of sick.  I mean SICK. After taking her temperature (when she woke up from sleeping for another hour) to see that she had a low fever and she took a sip of juice, she threw up.  Poor thing!! (Can I just say that I was NOT thrilled that the only thing she ate was strawberries..... Yep, you can imagine.) Two loads of laundry, two baths, and 3 or 4 more times of getting sick (all before 10:00 this morning), I was REALLY glad she didn't try to go bowling!  So we let Eric's family know we had to cancel dinner tomorrow, which we were disappointed about, but we would rather not pass this bug on to anyone else.  Hopefully we can try again another weekend.   =)

So our afternoon was spent laying low.  Abby (who has not napped in 6 months) slept for over two hours, and then was finally looking (and acting!) like herself.  Whew!   =)   Both girls fell sound asleep on the early side tonight, and hopefully this bug was a quick one and everyone else will be free from it.

Even though it is not the weekend we had planned, it has still been really nice to just all four be together!  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment